Monday 3 February 2014

Sweet potatoes two ways {The easy one}

I'm a huge fan of sweet potatoes ever since the first time I tried them out two years ago in Vancouver I can't stop buying them from time to time. Just on the side, sweet potatoes are low in sodium and saturated fats, and a good source for dietary fibre, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Manganese and Potassium (source). (If nothing of those say anything to you, they didn't really to me ;), Vitamin B6 for example is important for your metabolism especially to incorporate and convert protein. It is a lot included in meat and fish, so this is a good substitute for vegetarians! But it also it's in most of the green vegetables source. Vitamin A is good for your skin, cellular growth and your eyes source and the rest you'll have to goggle by yourself ;) ) Anyway, hence the whole studying going on right now, I needed a quick lunch fix, so this happened:


I started with peeling and cutting my sweet potato:

Next, the whole thing got thrown into a plastic bowl where I added olive oil, sweet pepper powder, Provencal herbs, salt and pepper. I gave the whole thing a good shake.

This than, made it into a oven form, lined with baking paper, and stayed in my microwave-oven for about 45 minutes at 170°C hot air, or normal 350°F if you have a really and proper oven.
Some studying might have happened in that time.

Right during the last 5 minutes, I cracked upon one egg, mixed it with some milk and herb salt and scrambled the whole thing up, in my beloved (and only!) frying pan.

Swiftly cut up some fresh cucumber (the green always adds something to every dish!), and voilá!

You have an easy, healthy, decent dish :) Oh and at the end I also spread curry ketchup over the whole thing because I'm going nuts over it. But it a) doesn't look thaaat pretty and b) I know, it's not that healthy. Oh well ;)
(My sweet potato, part 1).

Oh, and to no ones special interest: That was my desert ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment